This experience is:
for 2 people
< 1 hour long
- Pick someone you don’t know very well but want to become closer to, such as someone you have just begun dating or recently struck up a friendship with.
- Stand in opposite corners of the largest room in either of your living spaces.
- Each share something the other person doesn’t know about you, as loudly as necessary for them to hear you from across the room.
- Take a step closer to each other, and then share something a little more intimate, a little more quietly.
- Continue sharing increasingly intimate things increasingly quietly in this manner until you are standing right next to each other.
- Whisper the secret you have that it scares you most to share in each other’s ears.
- Return to the corners of the room you came from. Do those corners feel any different now?
- Send any observations you have about the experience to:firstname.lastname@example.org
By Ana B. Freeman