Taking Time with Art
This experience is:
for 1 person
< 1 hour long aesthetic
- Pick a museum you know and love.
- Go to the museum alone.
- Do what you need to do to make yourself comfortable – use the restroom, check your coat, have a snack, drink some water, etc. Shut off your cellphone. All the way off.
- Slowly walk through the museum (perhaps an unfamiliar area of it) until an artwork catches your eye.
- Stay with this piece of 30 minutes. During this time you may: stand in front of it, walk up to it, look at it from 3 inches away, look at it from 30 feet away, smell it, sit under it, and listen to it.
- Send any observations you have about the experience to:
This concept was the basis of Odyssey Works’ 2014 performance “The Dariad”.